We all deserve to live life the way we want. But how do you protect your lifestyle from the financial impacts of an accidental injury?
Benefits and features
What is NAB Essential Injury?
How do I apply?
- Simply call 1300 133 252 or;
- Apply online, click above to 'Get a quote'
The application process is straightforward, with no medical examinations or lengthy paperwork.
What do I get?
- Up to $200,000 to help you out financially if you’re injured in an accident
- A lump sum payment of up to $40,000 for a Fracture
- Daily ‘Living Assist’ cash payments of up to $800
- Daily ‘Homecare Assist’ cash payments of up to $200 as a result of an injury
- Cash payment of up to $800 to help with transport costs for medical appointments
- Protection 24/7, worldwide
- Claim as often as you need to within the maximum benefit limits.
Access to Best Doctors®
Best Doctors® connects you and your family, including your partner, children, parents and parents-in-law, to over 53,000 leading medical specialists around the world to provide an in-depth medical review and second opinion, at no cost.
For more information visit Best Doctor service.
Some exclusions apply
- Any Fracture where osteoporosis has been diagnosed before the start of the policy.
- Any Injury or Fracture arising directly or indirectly from a Pre-existing condition as outlined in the NAB Essentials Product Disclosure Statement (PDF, 478KB).
There are additional exclusions you should consider such as mountaineering. Refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for further information.
1 Injury means bodily injury which occurs whilst the policy is in force.
2 Fracture means traumatic injury to a bone caused by an Accident during which the continuity of the bone tissue is broken (i.e. a Medical Practitioner diagnoses that your bone has been fractured). Stress fractures are excluded.
View plan options
|Plan/Benefit||Benefit limit per Accident||Plan A
||Plan B||Plan C||Plan D||Plan E|
||Up to 90 days
||$200 per day
||$400 per day||$500 per day
||$600 per day||$800 per day|
||Up to 45 days
||Up to $50 per day||Up to $100 per day
||Up to $125 per day
||Up to $150 per day||Up to $200 per day
||Lump sum||Up to $200||Up to $400
||Up to $500
||Up to $600
||Up to $800
||Lump sum||Up to $10,000||Up to $20,000||Up to $25,000||Up to $30,000||Up to $40,000|
|Maximum total payable for the life of the policy||$50,000||$100,000||$125,000||$150,000||$200,000|
The NAB Essentials range
|Product||What’s it for||Key Benefits||How to apply|
|NAB Essential Injury||
||Get a quote and apply now.|
|NAB Essential Life||
||Find out more about NAB Essential Life, get a quote and apply.|
|NAB Essential Critical Illness||
A lump sum payment if you suffer and survive from a critical condition:
1300 133 252
to get a quote and apply.
What you need to know
1. I’m a NAB customer so why am I being offered a product by MLC?
MLC Limited (MLC) is the insurer and the issuer of NAB Essentials and has been providing life insurance to Australians for over 130 years.
2. What is Aegon?
Aegon Insights Australia Pty Ltd ("Aegon") specialises in the marketing and distribution of life risk insurance products. Aegon have been authorised by MLC to administer life insurance policies and deal with claims on behalf of MLC. For more information, view Aegon Financial Services Guide (PDF, 51KB).
3. How do NAB, MLC and Aegon fit in together?
MLC is the insurer and is the issuer of the NAB Essentials suite of insurances (which has been branded and distributed by NAB). MLC Limited uses the MLC brand under licence. MLC Limited is part of the Nippon Life Insurance Group and not a part of the NAB Group of Companies. Aegon administers the policies and deal with claims on behalf of MLC.
4. Who collects my information?
5. What type of information is collected?
When applying for NAB Essentials insurance, we will ask you to disclose personal information including your address and date of birth.
6. I have a query about NAB Essentials: who do I call?
If you have a question or query please call 1300 411 535 between 8am - 7pm, Mon-Fri (AEST/AEDT).
7. What do I do if I want to change my level of cover?
With NAB Essentials, your policy is flexible. If you want to change your cover all you need to do is call 1300 411 535 between 8am - 7pm, Mon-Fri (AEST/AEDT).
8. I’m having trouble with my premium payments: what do I do?
If you're experiencing trouble with your premiums—for example, if you’ve missed one—please call us on 1300 411 535 between 8am - 7pm, Mon-Fri (AEST/AEDT) and we'll work something out.
9. Who deals with my claim?
MLC oversees the claims process, which is handled by Aegon, to ensure that claims are managed as quickly as possible.
10. Can this form be part of my Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF)?
Essentials is not offered through an SMSF. If you choose to purchase an Essentials product, premiums cannot be paid through your SMSF.
How to make a claim
It's easy to make an injury insurance claim
Follow these three simple steps:
- Call 1300 411 535.
- Fill out the form.
- Submit your claim.
After your claim's assessed, we'll advise you of the outcome as soon as possible.
For further information on your claim, call 1300 411 535.
Terms & Conditions
- Terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
- For more information on the NAB Essentials range, call us on 1300 133 252 or read the NAB Essentials Product Disclosure Statement (PDF, 478KB).
- If you’d like more comprehensive and individually tailored insurance, speak to a NAB Financial Planner on 1300 558 863.
- Through MLC, policyholders with NAB Essential Life, NAB Essential Injury, NAB Essential Critical Illness and NAB Essential Accidental Death Insurance can access Best Doctors®.
- You can only have one policy for each NAB Essentials insurance. If you’re an existing customer, please call 1300 411 535.
- MLC Limited (MLC) ABN 90 000 000 402, AFSL 230694 is the insurer and issuer of this insurance NAB Essentials which has been branded and distributed by National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686 (NAB).
- MLC Limited may pay benefits to NAB and its related bodies corporate for the distribution of this product.
- This insurance is not a deposit with, a liability of, or guaranteed by NAB. MLC Limited uses the MLC brand under licence. MLC Limited is part of the Nippon Life Insurance Group and not a part of the NAB Group of Companies. Any financial advice in this notice is general only and has not been prepared having regard to your personal circumstances. You should consider your personal circumstances before acting on any advice in this notice. You should consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement available at nab.com.au or by phoning 1300 133 252 before deciding whether to acquire or continue to hold the product.
- Please note that if you click 'Get a quote', you’ll be re-directed from NAB's website to a NAB-branded website operated and controlled by Aegon Insights Australia Pty Ltd ("Aegon") who has been authorised by MLC to arrange life insurance contracts and deal with claims on MLC’s behalf. By clicking ‘Get a quote’ you acknowledge that NAB does not accept responsibility for the operation of the Aegon website. View Aegon Financial Services Guide (PDF, 51KB).