Important things to know before adding NAB cards
Dated: 20 May 2019
- These terms and conditions and Apple Pay’s terms and conditions apply to the use of your card details through Apple Pay on your Apple device. In addition, the terms and conditions and protections that apply to your card, card details and contactless readers will also apply to the use of your card details through Apple Pay on your Apple Device.
- Unlike contactless payments made using your card, when using Apple Pay at a contactless reader, you won’t always need to enter your card PIN for purchases of $100 or more. It will depend if the merchant has a compatible contactless reader.
- Not keeping your Apple device’s passcode secure may mean you’re liable for unauthorised transactions. If you think the security of your Apple device’s passcode has been compromised, call us on 13 22 65 (personal) or 13 10 12 (business).
- Tips for keeping your Apple device’s passcode secure:
- Never store your device passcode on, or with, the device.
- Don't let anyone else register their biometric identifier (e.g. Touch ID, Face ID) to your device.
- Don't share your Apple device's passcode with anyone.
- Choose a passcode that's easy for you to remember and hard for others to guess.
- Don't use the same passcode as you do for your other banking or anything obvious like your date of birth.
- Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Additional cardholders of personal cards
Additional cardholders are able to register their card for Apple Pay.
- An additional cardholder can set up and use Apple Pay even if Apple Pay is not used by the primary cardholder.
- An additional cardholder can register for Apple Pay before the primary cardholder does. The cardholder will only be able to remove an additional cardholder's access to Apple Pay by removing the additional cardholder from the account altogether. If you wish to remove the additional cardholder please contact NAB on 13 22 65 from 8am - 7pm Mon-Fri, or 9am - 6pm on weekends (AEST/AEDT) or +61 38641 9083 if you're overseas.
- Where primary and additional cardholders share the same card number, the additional cardholder can only make Apple Pay purchases in store under $100. For purchases of $100 or more, the additional cardholder will need to switch to using their physical card.
Business credit or debit cardholders
All cardholders can register their card for Apple Pay.
- As a facility or business owner, you will only be able to remove a cardholder's access to Apple Pay by closing the physical card from your account altogether. To remove a cardholder from your business credit or debit card, please contact NAB on 13 10 12 from 8am - 8pm Mon-Fri, or, 9am - 6pm on weekends (AEST/AEDT) or +61 3 8641 9937 if you're overseas or by contacting your NAB banker.
Device lost or stolen
- If your Apple device is lost or stolen, refer to www.apple.com/au/apple-pay for how you can delete card(s) in Apple Pay or let us know immediately by calling NAB on 13 22 65 (personal) or 13 10 12 (business). Deleting your card from Apple Pay will still allow you to keep using your physical card.