About Corporate and Institutional Banking
Our expertise is partnering with our Corporate, Government and Institutional customers to provide world class global solutions. Our business brings together teams of specialists to provide a full range of debt structuring, funding solutions, research, trading, and custodial services.
Our corporate and institutional graduate roles are based in Melbourne and Sydney.
What we look for in a Corporate and Institutional Banking graduate
We’re looking for passionate graduates who are interested in understanding global and competitor trends, market conditions and their impact on customers. Graduates who are comfortable analysing financials and data, critically evaluating alternative approaches and have agility to adapt within a dynamic and fast-moving environment. Anchored to this will be proactivity, tenacity and resilience to push forward and deliver high quality outcomes.
Graduates for this stream also need to meet the following degree/major requirements:
- computer science
- data science
- data analytics
Corporate and Institutional Banking is made up of a variety of specialised teams that focus on delivering the best client relationships: understanding and supporting clients over the long term, providing consistent execution and proactive relevant advice. Below are examples of teams where you may complete a rotation.
What you’ll do in Corporate and Institutional Banking
- Assist in the relationship management of our large corporate and institutional customers
- Analyse and interpret complex financial information to provide appropriate recommendations
- Assist in structuring and execution of transactions including preparing credit submissions and employing financial modelling where required
- Actively participate in deal teams and support the deal process
- Develop an ongoing awareness and understanding of market risk, industry knowledge and risk appetite
- Provide technical, analytical, administrative and direct client support
- Provide innovative funding solutions and access points to global capital markets
- Provide custody, master custody, investment administration and other related services to both local and international clients, including corporate and industry superannuation funds, investment managers and institutional banks
- Get involved with industry research, insights presentations, strategic initiatives, transformation programs and regulatory responses
- Support Banking Specialists in delivering transactional support and solutions
- Contribute to Corporate & Institutional Banking goals
Where Corporate and Institutional Banking can take you
Our graduates transition into Analyst roles with a structured career path and dedicated mentoring.
"My time in corporate finance has already been such a rewarding experience. I’m gaining hands-on experience in financial analysis, working with relationship managers and product specialists, whilst also gaining a better understanding of the diversified financial institutions industry. My team are supportive and always encourage me to learn and expand my skillset.”
Anika, NAB Corporate and Institutional Banking Graduate
Other graduate careers to consider
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.