About Corporate and Institutional Banking
Our expertise is partnering with our corporate, government and institutional customers to provide world class banking solutions. Our business brings together teams of specialists to provide a full range of debt structuring, funding solutions, research, trading and custodial services.
Our corporate and institutional graduate roles are based in Melbourne and Sydney.
What we look for in Corporate and Institutional Banking graduates
We’re looking for graduates who are interested in understanding global and competitor trends, market conditions and their impact on customers. You will be comfortable analysing financial information and data, critically evaluating alternative approaches and be able to adapt to a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
Graduates for this stream also need to meet the following degree or major requirements:
- computer science
Corporate and institutional banking is made up of specialised teams that deliver the best client relationships. Here are teams where you may complete a rotation.
What you’ll do in Corporate and Institutional Banking
- Use your sales, trading and research skills to support local and global customers across traded markets.
- Assist in the relationship management of our large corporate and institutional customers.
- Analyse and interpret complex financial information to provide appropriate recommendations.
- Develop an ongoing awareness and understanding of market risk, industry knowledge and risk appetite.
- Provide technical, analytical, administrative and direct client support.
- Provide innovative funding solutions and access points to global capital markets.
- Provide custody, master custody, investment administration and other related services to both local and international clients, including corporate and industry superannuation funds, investment managers and institutional banks.
- Get involved with industry research, insights presentations, strategic initiatives, transformation programs and regulatory responses.
- Support banking specialists in delivering transactional support and solutions.
Where Corporate and Institutional Banking can take you
Once you have successfully completed the graduate program you can expect to transition into an analyst role servicing a variety of customers across our corporate and institutional banking teams.
"My time in corporate finance has already been such a rewarding experience. I’m gaining hands-on experience in financial analysis, working with relationship managers and product specialists, whilst also gaining a better understanding of the diversified financial institutions industry. My team are supportive and always encourage me to learn and expand my skillset.”
Anika, NAB Corporate and Institutional Banking Graduate
Other graduate careers to consider
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.