- Choose a deposit amount from $1,000 to $800,000.
- Pick an investment terms from 7 days to 2 years, depending on your deposit amount.
Benefits and features
Flexible deposit amounts and terms
Manage the risk of changing income
- Protect and grow your income.
- Put aside your pre-tax income in the good years, to plan ahead for the challenging years.
Be rewarded through tax benefits
- Just by setting up a deposit of 12 months or more, you can enjoy tax benefits1.
Enjoy competitive and flexible interest rates
- Receive a competitive fixed interest rate for a range of deposit amounts and terms.
- Choose to receive interest monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annually in addition to at maturity for deposits over $5,000 and terms over 12 months or more.
To be eligible for the farm management deposit scheme your taxable non-primary production income must be $100,000 or less.
Also, you must be one of the following:
- An individual who carries on a primary production business in Australia (other than as a trustee of a trust estate).
- A partner in a partnership that carries on a primary production business in Australia (not being a company).
- A beneficiary (not being a company) who is presently entitled to a share in the trust estate, where the trustee carries on a primary production business in Australia.
FMD Business Lending Concession
From October 2018, NAB will offer an interest rate concession on eligible business loans to customers who hold a Farm Management Deposit (FMD).
To be eligible for an interest rate concession, your Business Loan must be in the name of the FMD owner or their partnership (excludes companies, trusts or a person that is not the FMD owner).
To find out whether you're eligible, please contact your NAB Agri relationship manager.
How to apply
If you're already one of our business banking customers you can complete the NAB Farm Management Deposit Application Form (PDF, 833KB) and give this to your relationship banker. If you're not a business banking customer request a call back and we'll be in touch soon.
1 You won't receive tax benefits if you withdraw any part of your deposit within the first 12 months.
2 An economic cost may apply for early repayment. Government charges may apply.
We recommend you get advice from an independent tax adviser before opening this account.
NAB recommends you consider the Product Disclosure Statement or other disclosure document, available from NAB, before making any decisions regarding these products. These products are issued by National Australia Bank Ltd ABN 12 004 044 937.