- Apply online now for the NAB Classic Banking account
- You must be at least 16 and a permanent resident to apply online
- You’ll also need to have a passport, driver's licence or Medicare card handy
- Once you’ve applied, you’ll receive an SMS with your NAB identification (NIN) within 60 seconds
- Register for Internet Banking (using your NIN), and you’re ready to start moving money around
- Lastly, you’ll receive another SMS to let you know your NAB Visa Debit card will arrive.
- If you have a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, a Health Care Card, or a Pensioner Concession, to open a new NAB Classic Banking account or NAB Retirement Account, please visit us in branch or call 13 13 12.
If you’re a new customer, you’ll only need to head into a NAB branch if we can’t match your details through electronic verification or you don’t consent to electronic verification when you apply online. If this is the case, you’ll need to complete a 100-point ID check when you’re at the branch.
If you’re already a NAB customer, you’ll only need to visit a branch to complete a 100-point ID check if you didn’t complete electronic verification or a 100-point ID check when you previously opened a NAB account.