Features of telephone banking
Telephone banking is a quick and easy way to:
- check your account balances and transaction history
- transfer funds between your linked accounts, including credit cards
- pay your bills via BPAY® and much more.
Use the telephone banking menu guide to help you get started.
For a full list of which banking tasks can be done using either the automated service or operator assisted calls, use our telephone banking can/can’t do list.
Other ways to bank with us
How to set up telephone banking
Our automated telephone banking service is generally available 24 hours seven days a week . Simply call 13 22 65 and use the prompts to start your banking. Or, if you’re overseas, call +61 3 8641 9083.
For other contact centre services, hours of operation or more specific enquiries, use our contact us section.
This is what you’ll need to use telephone banking:
- an eligible NAB account
- your NAB ID and password
- a touch tone handset.
Eligible NAB accounts
You’ll need one of these account types to start using the service:
- a NAB personal or business transaction or cheque account, for example:
- NAB FlexiAccount
- NAB Classic Banking account
- NAB SmartDirect account
- NAB SmartAccess account
- NAB Business Cheque Account
- NAB Business Management Account
- a NAB credit card
- a NAB home loan
- a NAB personal loan.
Finding or getting a NAB ID
Your NAB ID is located on the back of your credit card or debit card. If you don’t have one or you’re unable to locate it we can help.
- For personal customers, visit any NAB branch.
- For business customers, contact your business banker or visit your closest NAB branch or business banking centre. You’ll need to complete an application form and may need to provide suitable identification such as photo ID and/or a utility bill.
How to get your telephone banking password
Give us a call on 13 22 65 from Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 7:00pm (AEST/AEDT), Saturday from 7:00am to 6:00pm (AEST/AEDT) and Sunday from 9:00am to 6:00pm (AEST/AEDT).
Our friendly staff will register you with a telephone banking password and will answer any questions you may have.