1 Comparison rates are based on a secured loan of $150,000 over a term of 25 years.
WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
View our NAB Choice Package Terms and Conditions (PDF, 268KB)
When you apply for the NAB Choice Package, you must include in the package a minimum of $150,000 in eligible lending products (which are existing or approved lending).
2 $2,000 Home Buying Bonus
To be eligible for the $2,000 Home Buying bonus, customers need to drawdown a new home loan, or increase the limit of an existing home loan by $250,000 or more. Eligible NAB Home Loan products only . Customers must hold a NAB transaction account. Specifically, customers need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- NAB Home Loan
- Drawdown must occur between Monday 17 June 2019 and Tuesday 31 December 2019 inclusive (“Offer Period”).
- Home Buying Bonus is only available to new and existing customers who drawdown a new loan or increase the limit of an existing loan by $250,000 or more into an eligible NAB Home Loan product.
- Available on all NAB Home Loan products excluding refinances, lines of credit and Portfolio facilities or loans for building and construction purposes (BICOE loans).
- The offer is only available to individuals, including both owner-occupiers and investors. Businesses, trusts, non-resident borrowers and other non- natural persons are ineligible for the Home Buying Bonus.
- The offer is not available on uBank or Advantedge loans.
- The Home Buying Bonus is available only once per home loan application and per security. However, a customer is eligible to receive further bonuses if they drawdown additional loans on separate securities. Where there is a joint application, only the primary applicant will receive the Home Buying Bonus. However, either applicant may be eligible for additional bonuses for further loans drawn down on separate securities, subject to meeting other eligibility criteria.
- NAB Transaction Account
- At the time of drawdown, the primary (first named) home loan applicant must hold a personal NAB transaction account and continue holding it for at least the next 90 days.
- The nominated NAB transaction account must be open at the time the $2,000 Home Buying Bonus is to be credited to the account.
- The $2,000 Home Buying Bonus will be credited to the nominated NAB transaction account of the applicant within 90 days of drawdown of the home loan. Where there are joint applicants, the bonus will be deposited into the account of the primary (first named) applicant.
3 Special First Home Buyer Offer Terms and Conditions
The Discount Offer (“the Offer”) is a discount of 0.10% p.a. off the advertised 2 years Package Fixed Rate for Home Loans indicator interest rate, for borrowers making principal and interest repayments.
The Offer is available where the following 4 criteria apply:
- On a new 2 year fixed rate NAB Tailored Home Loan – Choice Package – Principal and Interest home loans of $150,000 or more
- For owner occupier first home buyers who have never previously purchased a property; all applicants for the loan must be first home buyers
- For new purchases of residential properties only, excluding standalone loans for vacant land
- Maximum Loan to Value ratio (LVR) 90% applies
The Offer is available from 12 July 2019 until withdrawn by NAB (“Offer Period”). NAB may vary or end this offer at any time without notice. To be eligible for the Offer, you must apply during the Offer Period, be approved and settle within the time period set out in your loan offer.
The Offer is not available on NAB Variable Rate Home Loans (including where you change from the fixed rate to a variable rate during the 2 year fixed rate term). The Offer is available for new lending only. The Offer is not available for any loan refinance, variation or change of loan purpose of any existing NAB home loan.
The Offer will permanently cease to apply to any otherwise eligible NAB Home Loan on the earlier of:
- the conclusion of the 2 year fixed rate term, whether due to expiry of the term or early termination; or
- any "economic cost event" occurs under the loan (such as early repayment during the fixed rate term; or where you change to another fixed interest rate with a new fixed rate period during the 2 year term); or
- your loan ceases to be part of a NAB Choice Package
Other Important Information
- The Home Buying Bonus is limited to a single $2,000 Home Buying Bonus per home loan application and per security. This means that:
- where there are joint applicants on a particular home loan application, the $2,000 Home Buying Bonus is only payable once to the primary applicant (provided all other eligibility criteria are met); and
- where there is a split loan for one security, the applicant is only eligible for the $2,000 Home Buying Bonus once.
- During the period between 17 June 2019 and 31 December 2019, an individual may only be eligible for either the $2,000 Refinance Bonus or the $2,000 Home Buying Bonus offer if drawing down the same security.
- A customer may receive the Home Buying Bonus multiple times if they draw down on further loans for different properties/securities during the Offer Period, provided all other eligibility criteria are met.
- Terms, conditions, fees, charges eligibility criteria and lending criteria apply for all NAB products (available on request).
- Individuals (including any joint applicant) who received the NAB $1,250 bonus or the NAB $2,000 Refinance Bonus in 2018 or 2019, as well as NAB staff, may also be eligible for this Offer, provided all eligibility criteria are met.
- A change to an existing NAB Home Loan which results in a new account number does not qualify as an eligible refinance.
Correct as at 5 August 2019
NAB may vary or end this offer at any time without notice.
NAB’s Home loan products are not available to applicants who reside overseas (regardless of citizenship) and/or for applicants who require Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) approval to purchase residential property in Australia.
NAB’s Fixed Rate Home Loan products do not come with an interest offset facility.
NAB does not offer an interest offset arrangements for Fixed Rate Home Loans.
Information and rates are correct as at 30 August 2019 and are subject to change. Applications for credit are subject to NAB’s credit approval criteria. Terms and Conditions apply to all NAB products and are available on application. Fees and charges are payable. National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686 (NAB).