Bank online with confidence
SMS Security is our free and easy online security service. With SMS Security, you'll get extra security protection and additional features when you use the NAB app or NAB Internet Banking. These include:
- Updating your personal details
- Activating your NAB Visa Debit card
- Setting and resetting your NAB Visa Debit or Credit Card PIN
- Resetting your password
- Authorising new billers and payees
- Confirming large transfers if you’ve increased your limit
- Confirming international payments .
How SMS Security works
We’ll send you a unique authorisation code to your mobile phone when you use an SMS Security feature through NAB Internet Banking or NAB app. Simply enter the code and you're done! This way, your online accounts stay secure even if your NAB ID and password fall into the wrong hands.
And if someone attempts an unauthorised payment from your account, we'll alert you via SMS. If this happens, just call our security specialists on 1300 651 656 and we'll take care of it – now that's peace of mind.
An authorisation limit
To provide greater convenience to you when using Pay anyone to transfer funds you can switch on the daily SMS Security authorisation limit. The daily authorisation limit allows certain small funds transfers to be verified using your NAB Internet Banking password instead of receiving an SMS Security code. The daily authorisation limit will be set at $300 but may change from time-to-time to improve customer security and provide greater convenience. You can choose to switch the daily authorisation limit off so that an SMS will only be required the first time you transfer funds to a payee, regardless of the amount.
Register for SMS Security
If your mobile number is registered with us, you will be registered for SMS Security when you set up Internet Banking. Alternatively you can register for SMS Security by logging into either:
- NAB Internet Banking, referring to the 'Settings/Mailbox' menu and selecting Security & password
- NAB app* referring to Profile, My details, and the SMS Security input field
You’ll be asked to confirm your mobile number is correct. If it's wrong or we don't have a mobile number for you:
- Call us on 1300 651 656 or International on +61 3 8641 9886
- Select option 1 after entering your NAB ID and telephone banking password
*If your NIN was established under a business or entity you can only register for SMS Security through Internet Banking