How much would you like to borrow?
Enter an amount between $5,000 up to $55,000.
How often would you like to make repayments?
You can choose to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
How many years would you like to repay the loan over?
Select your loan term. This can be up to seven years.
Keep in mind:
- a shorter term means higher repayments of the loan amount as they're spread over less years
- a longer term means lower repayments of the loan amount, but more interest paid by the end of the loan term.
Would you like a fixed or variable interest rate?
Select a fixed or variable interest rate.
Your rate and repayments will stay the same during the fixed term, which can be helpful for budgeting as there are no fluctuations in the amount of your minimum repayment.
Your rates can change at any time, so the amount of your minimum repayment might change. However, this option offers the flexibility to access a redraw facility, so if your circumstances change and you need money unexpectedly, you can redraw the extra funds you’ve paid.
What is your main purpose for this loan?
You'll need to tell us your reason for the loan, such as if it's for a car or other vehicle or for personal or family needs.
What you can't use a personal loan for:
- Illegal activities.
- Business purposes. Explore our business loans or discuss further with your business banker.
- Lender's Mortgage Insurance (LMI).
- Home loan deposit.
Are you an existing customer?
Existing customers can save time by having some personal and NAB financial details automatically filled in. All you need to do is use your NAB ID (located on the back of your NAB card, or in your NAB app though My Details).
Select ‘Yes’ if you’re a current NAB customer.
Select ‘No’ if you don’t have any NAB accounts – you can still apply online.
Select your title.
Enter your full first name as it appears on your official identification, like your driver's licence or passport.
Do you have any middle names?
If you have a middle name, enter it as it appears on your official identification, like your driver’s licence or passport.
If you don’t have a middle name, select ‘No’.
Enter your surname or family name as it appears on your official identification like your driver's licence or passport.
Date of birth
Select the year, month and day you were born from the calendar. You can also manually type in the date.
You need to be at least 18 years old to apply for a NAB Personal Loan.
The number you enter must be 10 digits long and start with 04. If we need to SMS you about the outcome of your application or next steps, this is the number we’ll use to contact you.
Enter your full email address with no spaces. We'll email you about your application.
Select the option that best describes your current situation.
How many financial dependents do you have?
A financial dependant is someone who you support financially. This can include:
- children (of any age)
- foster children
- and more.
Select the number of people that rely on you financially.
Do you have an Australian driver’s licence?
If yes, enter your licence number exactly as it appears on your driver's licence. We use this to identify you when we complete a credit check.
Are you an Australian resident for tax purposes?
Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
You're a permanent resident if you're a citizen, or if you live in Australia and have either an Australian passport or a permanent visa.
Are you a U.S. citizen or resident for tax purposes?
Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
Aside from Australia and the U.S., are you a resident of any other country for tax purposes?
Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
What is your current living arrangement?
Select the option that best describes your living arrangement.
'Owner' is when you own a property.
'Renting' is when you're on the lease.
'Boarding' is when you're not on the lease and do not own the property.
Is your residential address in Australia or overseas?
You need to live in Australia to apply for a NAB Personal Loan.
When did you move to your current address?
Select the year, month and day from the calendar. You can also manually type in the date.
Is your postal address the same as your current address?
If you select ‘Yes’, we'll send any mail to that address. If you select ‘No’, you’ll need to provide your postal address.
Are you an Australian citizen? If not, are you a citizen of any other country/ies.
Confirm if you’re a citizen of Australia or another country.
Doing this online can be quicker. You’ll need to submit at least one of the following four identification documents to verify your identity:
- Australian driver’s licence
- Medicare card
- Australian passport or;
- International passport.
If you prefer to visit a NAB branch to verify your identity, you’ll need to bring along identification documents. Please ensure all documents are originals and not photocopies.
Acceptable identification documentation combinations are as follows:
- one primary photographic identification document
- one primary non-photographic identification document and one secondary identification document.
Primary photographic identification
- Australian driver’s licence containing a photograph of the person
- Australian passport (a passport that has expired within the last two years is acceptable)
- Card issued under a state or territory for the purpose of proving a person’s age containing a photograph of the person
- Foreign passport containing a photograph of the person
- Foreign driver’s licence that contains a photograph of the person in whose name it’s issued and the individual’s date of birth
- National identity card issued by a foreign government
Primary non-photographic identification
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Australian pension card, health care card or seniors health card
- Foreign birth certificate
- Foreign citizenship certificate.
- Financial benefits statement that is less than 12 months old
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO) notice of assessment that is less than 12 months old
- Australian issued rates notice, utility bill or registration notice that has been issued in the last three months
- Letter issued by school principal within the preceding three months (must have a letterhead or logo of the institute for those under 18 years).
We'll need to know your employment or work history over the past three years. This can include paid or unpaid roles, such as unpaid internships.
We'll also need at least one current role listed. We’ll also need to know if you weren't employed during the three year period, such as being a student.
Select the option that best describes your current working situation.
Employer’s company name?
Enter the name of the company (or business) you work for.
What’s your job title?
Select the option that best describes your job title.
Income before tax (gross)
Enter your pre-tax income for the frequency you selected above.
Income after tax (net)
Enter your after-tax income for the frequency you selected above.
Learn what documents we need to verify your income.
Enter the estimated value of all assets you currently own.
Assets can include:
- savings accounts
- term deposits
- other (shares, managed funds, boats, caravans, home contents).
If you have no assets, click ‘Next’.
If what you tell us differs from what’s on your credit report or other information we hold, we may need contact you before we can finalise your application.
Enter your expenses as accurately as possible for:
- food and groceries
- clothing and personal care
- recreation and holidays
- education, childcare and dependent
- medical and health
- rent or board
- other housing expenses (excluding mortgage repayments)
- phone, internet and media
- vehicle and transport.
Enter in 0 for any expenses you do not pay for.
If you share any expenses with someone else, only include the amount that you contribute and only include each expense once.
Get in touch
Visit a NAB branch
Visit your nearest NAB branch to speak to us in person.
Terms and Conditions
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.
Consider the NAB Internet Banking terms and conditions which apply when using NAB Internet Banking and the NAB app, before making any decisions regarding these services. The NAB app is compatible with Android™ and iOS, minimum platform requirements apply. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. Services issued by NAB.