If you’re not already a customer, starting to bank with us will help us understand your financial circumstances. You can get started with a transaction account. Please note, we'll need you to visit a branch to verify your identity.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
Am I eligible for a NAB Personal Loan?
To be eligible for a personal loan, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen; an Australian Permanent Resident or a non-resident holding an acceptable Temporary Residency VISA
- Have a regular income and good credit rating
What happens during the application?
During your application, we’ll ask you details about your financial situation, these include:
- Income earnings (before and after tax, and how often).
- Expense details (e.g. general living expenses, rent or insurance).
- Information about any Assets you own (e.g. value of any cars, homes or other assets).
- Information about any Liabilities you owe (e.g. personal or home loans, credit or store cards).
Things to have handy:
- Your NAB ID number – if you're an existing customer.
- Driver's licence number (if you have one – it'll help us process your application)
What happens after I apply?
We'll send you an email (or a secure message via internet banking) straight away to confirm we’ve received your application. You’ll hear from us within 1-2 business days, once we’ve taken a look. We’ll send you an email to let you know how it’s going, or we’ll call if we need to check anything.
More about the next steps after you apply.