How to improve your credit history
The information you give to us, your credit report, as well as the details we may already have affect which interest rate you get when you apply for a NAB Personal Loan.
Your creditworthiness is also important. When you apply for a loan we’ll look at your credit file, income, assets, spending, saving and debts.
This helps us make sure you can comfortably handle your debts and not slide into financial hardship. We want to help you achieve your financial goals and make life better, not worse.
There are many ways to boost your creditworthiness:
- Pay your credit card and loans on time
- Pay your bills on time
- Don’t overdraw your transaction accounts
- Don’t apply for too many new credit cards or loans at the same time
- Check out your credit history to see where you stand and ensure it is fair and accurate
- Create a relationship with your bank
Check out our useful information about credit-worthiness and how to improve your credit score.