To set up Samsung Pay, you'll need your compatible Samsung device and smartphone (these may be the same device), the Samsung Pay app and your eligible NAB Visa card. You need to be connected to the internet to set up Samsung Pay. For further information, refer to the Samsung Pay FAQs.
On entering the NAB Visa card details by following Samsung Pay’s enrolment instructions, you'll need to verify your identity as the authorised cardholder to complete your enrolment via the option/s presented which may be:
- via receipt and entry into the Samsung Pay app of a temporary passcode sent to your registered mobile (to confirm your registered mobile number is correct so you can receive a temporary passcode, log in to NAB Internet Banking and select My details from the Settings/Mailbox menu, click on My details and confirm your mobile number is correct) or
- by calling the NAB Customer Service Centre on 13 22 65 from 8am – 7pm Mon-Fri, or 9am – 6pm on weekends (AEST/AEDT) or +61 3 8641 9083 if you’re overseas
Please note your card is not ready for use in Samsung Pay until you verify your identity and card. If you do not verify the enrolled card/s within 90 days this enrolment will expire and you'll need to re-enrol your card on your device again.
If you receive an error when enrolling your NAB Visa card asking you to contact your bank or the issuer, please check the following things first:
- you have the required app version for the Samsung device – refer the Samsung Pay FAQs for app details
- you have an eligible NAB Visa Card.
- the current status of your NAB Visa credit card – e.g. if there is a block on your card because of late payment or you’ve reported it lost or stolen. In this case the card can’t be enrolled.
If you still have difficulty adding a card, please contact NAB on 13 22 65 from 8am - 7pm Mon-Fri, or 9am - 6pm on weekends (AEST/AEDT) or +61 3 8641 9083 if you're overseas.
You can enrol more than one eligible NAB Visa card with Samsung Pay. Only one card can be set to default in Samsung Pay at one point in time. The card that you have selected to be default within Samsung Pay will be used when you do a transaction using a contactless terminal. For further information, please refer to the Samsung Pay FAQs.