We aim to make positive social change for Australians by supporting social purpose organisations that are doing amazing things in our communities.
Why is this important?
Since 1998, we’ve given our employees at least two days each year to volunteer their time and talents to support communities. As a workforce of over 30,000, our people make a big impact. We're involved in both volunteering initiatives and matched workplace support.
What we do?
Our people can provide invaluable assistance to build capacity and deliver critical work. From general or skilled volunteers, individuals or groups, our volunteering program flexes to fit community needs. Download our program overview for full details (PDF, 623KB).
How community groups can request our volunteering services
If you’re a community group, we're looking for volunteering activities that:
- Can benefit you through unskilled labour or by leveraging our employee’s skill sets.
- Can be held on-site at your location, preferably during the working week and is easy to get to.
- Are safe and supervised and don’t involve unsupervised contact with children or the disabled.
- Are not of a direct fundraising nature or where community groups are paid for sourcing volunteers.
Before submitting a request consider:
- It’s a requirement that you hold public liability insurance and a copy of your policy is provided.
- We can’t guarantee the availability of volunteers as volunteering is optional.
- Volunteering directly with children under 18 is prohibited unless a police check is obtained (in accordance with state and territory legislation) and you verify this.
- Activities that promote political lobbying, illegal activities and direct fundraising will not be promoted.
- Activities that may put employee personal safety at risk will not be promoted.
Apply now for NAB Volunteers by completing the "Volunteer Request" tab
Matched workplace giving
Launched in February 2007, our Workplace Giving Program encourages employees to make regular donations directly from their salaries to Australian registered charities. NAB then matches these donations to the value of $1,200 per employee annually.
Some examples of our volunteer work
We helped the Australian Drug Foundation (ADF) to transform their operations
With the help of skilled technology, project management and change management volunteers, NAB assisted in streamlining the ADF’s internal processes to make the organisation more efficient. Download the full case study.
We helped Challenge promote new ways of helping children with cancer
NAB experts in reporting and security, who were also skilled in video production, helped Challenge to create videos to promote their work improving the lives of children and families living with cancer. Download the full case study.
A few pages
You might be interested in
Indigenous Australian support
We're proud to support and celebrate indigenous success. As part of our Reconciliation Action Plan, we’re helping create real outcomes and positive change in partnership with Indigenous Australia.
Insights and research
We support customers and community groups by sharing our market insights, research and thought leadership through the NAB Charitable Giving Index.