What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are placed on your device by websites which collect information about your use of those websites. Different types of cookies are used for different purposes. Some cookies are active for a single session which, for example, help to facilitate the completion of application forms or surveys. While others (persistent cookies) are stored on your device and help websites remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future.
- allocating an identification number to your internet browser (you cannot be identified from this number)
- determining if your browser has previously visited the website and remembering your settings/preferences
- tracking and reporting on your website usage
- identifying other pages or third parties’ websites your browser has accessed
- personalising your experience, including your access to services that we provide on our websites. For example, providing customised content, support and advertising that may be relevant to your interests and needs
- providing enhanced security and fraud detection.
For our internet banking customers, we monitor your use of internet banking services and online interactions, including:
- activity on our websites and internet banking (including the identity of the website that linked you to ours)
- activity information where we place our advertising (known as targeted advertising)
- activity on other websites where the owner has agreed to share information with us
- whether you have followed links on our website and activity information where we place our advertising (known as targeted advertising)
- details about your browser when you interact with us. These include, but are not limited to:
- your IP address
- technical information about the browser and device used
- monitor colour and resolution
- connection type and carrier.
- digital or other media consumption choices or preferences from linked websites where the owner of such websites (e.g. media broadcasters) has agreed to share information with us
- other information for which you have given your consent.
Cookies and privacy
How to choose cookie settings
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.