Cookies are small files that are placed on your device by websites which collect information about your use of those websites. Different types of cookies are used for different purposes. There are cookies that are active for a single session which, for example, help to facilitate the completion of application forms or surveys. On the other hand, persistent cookies are stored on your device and help websites remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future.
- to allocate an identification number to your Internet browser (you cannot be identified from this number);
- determining if your browser has previously visited the website and remembering your settings/preferences;
- tracking and reporting on website usage;
- identifying other pages or third parties’ websites your browser has accessed;
- personalising your experience, including your access to services that we provide on our websites. For example, providing customised content, support and advertising that may be relevant to your interests and needs;
- providing enhanced security and fraud detection.
For our Internet Banking customers, we monitor your use of internet banking services and online interactions, including:
- activity on our websites and internet banking (including the identity of the website that linked you to ours);
- activity information where we place our advertising (known as targeted advertising);
- activity on other websites where the owner has agreed to share information with us
- whether you have followed links on our website and activity information where we place our advertising (known as targeted advertising);
- details about your browser when you interact with us, including your IP address and technical information about the browser and device used, such as monitor colour and resolution, connection type and carrier etc;
- digital or other media consumption choices or preferences from linked websites where the owner of such websites (e.g. media broadcasters) has agreed to share information with us; and
- other information for which you have given your consent.