- No account opening fee
- No monthly account fee
- No minimum ongoing balance requirements
Benefits and features
Low cost account to suit your needs
Flexibility and control of your foreign currency
- Choose from major global currencies
- Convert funds when it suits you
- Make deposits and withdrawals easily
Keep up to 19 currencies in one place
New Zealand Dollar
Hong Kong Dollar
View all our currencies
- CNY Chinese Yuan Renminbi (business customers only)
- DKK Danish Krone
- FJD Fijian Dollar
- NOK Norwegian Krone
- PHP Philippine Peso
- WST Samoan Tala
- ZAR South African Rand
- SEK Swedish Krona
- CHF Swiss Franc
- THB Thai Baht
- AED United Arab Emirates Dirham
Step 1 You can apply if you're a personal customer, a sole trader or a company with up to two directors.
Step 2 We’ll verify your identity and application details and contact you if anything further is required.
Step 3 When your account is ready, we'll email you your account details.
Step 4 If you're a business customer, apply for NAB Connect to start accessing your account online.
Extras for business customers
Foreign currency overdraft facility
A solution for businesses with advanced online banking requirements. You’ll be able to:
- book foreign exchange deals and view currency conversion rates before you transfer.
- create, customise and manage different user profiles and authorisation levels.
- control transfer amounts- only limited by the funds you have available and the daily payment limits you set.
Foreign exchange solutions
We have competitive solutions that make it fast and easy to make international payments using NAB Connect online banking. Our Business Markets specialists manage movements in foreign exchange rates, helping to support your business.
Meet your working capital needs with finance to help your export, import and domestic trade requirements. With the flexibility and bargaining power to win sales orders and payment discounts, you’ll have the option to:
- finance in either Australian dollars or in another major foreign currency.
- choose payment terms that align with your trading cycle, from 7 days to 180 days.
Risks to consider:
Holding money in a foreign currency exposes you to exchange rate risk. If you exchange your foreign currency for Australian dollars in the future, the Australian dollar amount may be less than it was at the time of deposit, due to exchange rate movements over time.
1Available to business customers only. Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. Fees, interest rates, terms and conditions will be detailed in your Letter of Offer.
NAB recommends you consider the Product Disclosure Statement or other disclosure document, available from NAB, before making any decisions regarding these products. These products are issued by National Australia Bank Ltd ABN 12 004 044 937.
Foreign Exchange with NAB
Read about managing your exposure to changes in the foreign currency market.
Using online banking for your FX needs
From sending money overseas to booking a Forward Exchange Contract, NAB Connect makes it easier.