Steps for stopping cheques
Make sure you’re logged into NAB Connect to get started.
- From the Services menu, select ‘Stop Cheques’.
- Select Create request.
- Complete the mandatory fields marked with *:
- Request type: This will default to single cheque but a range of sequential cheques can be selected.
- Account number: Select account from drop-down list or enter account number in field.
- Reason: Select option – stop cheque, lost, stolen, unsigned or other.
- Cheque number: Enter single cheque number or sequential cheque numbers.
- Account: From the drop-down list, select the account that you want to use to fund the transaction.
- Complete any non-mandatory fields (single cheque):
- Amount: Enter the cheque amount.
- Payee: Enter the cheque payee.
- Cheque date: Type or select the cheque date.
- Select Submit. A request confirmation displays and can be printed for audit purposes.
- To remove a stop on a cheque, select the appropriate cheque in the register and select Cancel.
- Select OK to confirm your request.
- The Stop cheque register displays all stop cheque requests initiated through NAB Connect.
- You can print or export a single request or the register using the Print or Export dropdown.
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.