Closing your credit card account
If you're the primary cardholder you can ask us to close your account by logging in to Internet Banking (on your desktop), visiting a branch or giving us a call.
What you should know about closing your account
You’ll need to pay off all amounts owing. This includes pending transactions, interest, fees and charges. Your NAB Credit Card terms and conditions (PDF, 335KB) will apply until you've done this.
If you use your credit card to access your transaction account, you'll need to order a debit card to continue to access your funds. For more information on how to do this, go to Replacing a damaged card.
If you have a rewards card, any reward points not credited when you close the account will be forfeited (including points earned in the current statement period). NAB Rewards points won’t be affected, but you need to redeem these within 60 days of closure.
Once we’ve closed your account, you’ll still be able to see it in NAB Internet Banking for 3 to 6 months after the balance is paid. This is so you can continue to access your transaction and payment history.
To close your card via Internet Banking
- Login to NAB Internet Banking (on your desktop).
- Go to My Cards.
- Click on the image of the card you would like to close.
- Under Manage my card, click on How to close my credit card account.
- Read the information provided and follow the instructions to send us a secure message.
Other ways to close your card
- Give us a call on 13 22 65 between 9am - 7pm Mon-Fri, 7am - 6pm Sat and 9am – 6pm Sun (AEST/AEDT); or anytime on +61 3 8641 9083 if you’re overseas; or
- Visit us at any NAB Branch.