Technology at NAB is an inclusive place for innovation and inspiration. Our technology team is one of the largest in Melbourne and connects with all business areas across the enterprise. We build agile, stable and secure technology services to ensure accessibility for our customers, deliver projects faster and simplify the technology landscape for the future.
This stream is offered in:
Degrees and majors you’ll need
We’ll consider degrees/majors in:
- Business Information Systems
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Applied Science (Multimedia)
- Applied Science (Cyber security)
- Software Engineering
- Digital Technologies
Please note that with the above qualifications, you’ll need to have studied a major in technology.
You’ll need to pick a sub stream within Technology. You can pick from the following:
- Technology (Security) - Our Information Security Services teams protect information, enable innovation and deliver services to the highest of industry standards. The team manages and provides advice, information and education about technology risk and security issues and management. The team utilise proven leading edge security technology and industry best practices to provide the advice and solution the business needs to enable it to engage securely with the enterprise and customers.
- Technology (Digital) – Our Digital Team expertly provide a convenient, 24/7 online experience for our customers on their chosen device, for now and the future. The team has a strong customer-first strategy and focuses on ensuring that we’re building products quickly, iteratively and using market leading tools and platforms.
- Technology (Mainframe) - Mainframe technology remains relevant and critical to NAB’s success. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn about mainframe technology. We aspire to create a training program that develops graduates to become passionate mainframe technologists, who can deliver products and services imperative to the success of NAB in our Australian and New Zealand markets.
- Technology (Financial Markets) – FICC (Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities), Treasury & Asset Servicing combine to what we call our Financial Markets businesses. Our Technology Financial Market teams support these businesses and are accountable for the plan, build and run of the technology services and engagement into these teams. These represent critical services and projects within the organisation and include using technologies linked with global markets.
- Technology (Infrastructure and Service Management) – Our infrastructure and service management teams provide project infrastructure delivery and support, all functions of cloud consulting, infrastructure sourcing, cross functional services, and management of technology issues and problems – mostly before they occur.
The work you’ll do in this stream
You may be involved with some of the following activities (depending on the sub stream you pick):
- solution design
- business analysis
- technical services
- developer operations
- technology capability
- IT governance, risk and financial management
- commercial IT supply arrangements
- security controls, firewalls, proxies and intrusion prevention.
Where this stream can take you
Our graduate program is designed to develop the foundations for our future leaders in Technology. Graduates will enhance their knowledge, skills and understanding of technologies and how they apply in the enterprise’s environments. Our graduates successfully transition into an analyst role within their specified stream in technology.