Grants for customers and businesses impacted by Tropical Cyclone Seroja, Western Australia
Disaster Relief Grants announced 16 April 2021.
Eligibility criteria for the $2,000 grant for loss of home:
- A current customer or employee of NAB – customers need to have banked with NAB on or before 20 March 2021 and hold at least one active account;
- Have experienced severe impact to your primary place of residence during the cyclone (rent or own) – meaning that the property is no longer in a liveable condition;
- One grant per household (a household is defined as an address);
- Only available for primary residences, not for investment properties.
Eligibility criteria for the $2,000 business grant:
- A current NAB customer with a NAB business trading/transaction account, with the business currently in operation;
- Have suffered significant damage to, or destruction of, income-producing assets as a result of the cyclone. This could include premises, equipment and loss of stock or livestock;
- One grant per business (no more than one grant per customer);
- The grant is not intended for loss of income as a result of impact to cashflow due to the cyclone. However, we have a range of measures to help customers who are experiencing financial hardship, including support to manage or restructure existing regional and agribusiness bank facilities.
Customers affected by Tropical Cyclone Seroja, Western Australia
Disaster Relief Package announced 12 April 2021.
Customers affected by floods in New South Wales
Disaster Relief Package announced 21 March 2021.
On 27 March 2021, the Australian Government announced that businesses who have been impacted by flooding in NSW can also apply for lending under the SME Recovery Loan Scheme. Visit our NAB Business Recovery Loans page for more information on the scheme. You can also register your interest in the scheme and one of our bankers will contact you in the coming weeks to discuss your eligibility.
Customers affected by Tropical Cyclone Niran in Far North Queensland
Disaster Relief Package announced 9 March 2021
Customers affected by bushfires in Gidgegannup and Perth Hills, Western Australia
Disaster Relief Package announced 3 February 2021.
Customers affected by bushfires in Lucindale, South Australia
Disaster Relief Package announced 12 January 2021.