Making Direct Credit payments
Make sure you’re logged into NAB Connect to get started.
- From the Payments menu, select ‘Direct Credit’, ‘Payroll’ or ‘Executive Payroll’.
- In the Create Payment screen enter the payment details by either:
- Selecting the upload file button and selecting ‘Upload file’, or
- Selecting the payment template you would like to use from the ‘Template’ dropdown list.
- Complete the Payment details section with:
- Frequency – this will default to a One-off payment, you can select ‘Periodic payment’ for re-occurring payments. You will also need to select the ‘First payment date’, a ‘Cycle’ for how regularly you would like to make the payment and the ‘Last payment date’ for when you would like the payments to stop.
- Value date – this will default to today’s date. You can elect any date up to 90 days in advance.
- Select your registered Direct Entry ID from the DE user ID drop-down list. NAB Connect passes this with the payment to the beneficiary.
- In the Account drop-down list, select the account that you want to use to fund the transaction.
- In the Transaction list section, select Add transaction.
- If the beneficiary details have been saved in the beneficiary list, then in the Pay saved beneficiary drop-down list, select the one you require. All fields populate except the Reference and Amount field. Alternatively, you can complete the fields manually:
- Account name – enter the beneficiary’s account name.
- BSB/Account number – enter the beneficiary’s BSB/Account number.
- Amount – enter the amount to pay the beneficiary.
- Transaction type – select the transaction type. NAB Connect passes this with the payment to the beneficiary.
- Trace account – if the funds cannot be applied to the beneficiary’s account, the beneficiary’s bank uses the trace account to return the funds to the remitter.
- Beneficiary name – enter the beneficiary’s name.
- If you want to save the beneficiary details to use again, select the Save beneficiary checkbox.
- If this payment is the:
- Only transaction, select Add and close.
- First of multiple transactions, click Add and next. The Transaction added messages displays, and you can then add the next transaction.
- Select Submit and the payment is now ready for Authorisation.
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.