Transfers to another financial institution using Fast Payments (Osko)
Make a Fast Payment using someone’s BSB and account number, or their Pay ID (email, mobile phone number) if they’ve registered for Pay ID.
- No cut-off times.
- Generally completed in under 60 seconds.
Transfers to another financial institution (not as a Fast Payment)
- If you make a transfer before 6pm (AEST/AEDT) on a business day, the payee will usually get the funds the following business day.
- If it’s after 6pm (AEST/AEDT) or on a weekend or public holiday they’ll get the funds within two business days.
Transfers made to one of your linked NAB accounts
- If you transfer money to one of your linked NAB accounts, it will transfer immediately in most cases.
Transfers to another person’s NAB account
- If you make a payment to someone else’s NAB account and it’s not a Fast Payment, then they’ll usually receive it on the same business day if you make the transfer before 9pm (AEST/AEDT).
- If it's after 9pm, or on a weekend or public holiday, they’ll receive the funds the next business day.
- If you make a BPAY® payment before 6pm (AEST/AEDT) on a business day, we’ll send the details to the biller’s bank on the same day.
- Payments made after 6pm on business days or non-business day will usually be treated as being received by the biller on the next business day.
- International transfers are usually processed within 72 hours, but there may be circumstances outside of NAB's control which could cause additional delays.
Status of incoming payments
- We can’t see if a transfer is pending or on its way to your account. If you would like to know the status of an incoming payment, you’ll need to contact the bank the money was sent from and see what their processing times are.
Still need some help?
This is how you can get in touch.
Get answers anytime from our virtual assistant by tapping on the message icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
For questions about your NAB account, log into NAB Internet Banking or the NAB app to start a conversation with us.
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.