Tips to enjoy interest-free days on your card
Provided you don’t have a balance transfer on your credit card, you can make the most of the interest-free period on purchases by:
- Paying your full closing balance by the payment due date on the monthly statement.
- Making sure you've also paid the full closing balance of the previous month’s statement by the due date as well.
Remember, payments like BPAY and transfers from non-NAB accounts take a few days to process.
If you have a balance transfer on your credit card
There’s no interest-free period on purchases if you have a balance transfer on your credit card. You’d need to pay your outstanding transferred balance in full by your statement’s payment due date to be eligible for an interest-free period on the purchases you make.
Here are some other transactions that don’t have an interest-free period:
- Cash advances: these are cash withdrawals made from your credit card account.
- Gambling transactions: these are considered cash advances.
- Purchasing traveller’s cheques or gift cards.
- Buying or loading value onto a pre-paid or store-value card.