About the Finance team
Our Finance Teams are trusted partners of the business and enable NAB to deliver on our strategic ambition. We provide specialist advice and insights by leveraging data and technology. We’re responsible for NAB Group’s finance activities, investor relations, and through our Treasury team we are also responsible the management of NAB’s liquidity, capital, funding and balance sheet.
Our graduate roles in finance are based in Melbourne.
What we look for in a Finance graduate
We’re not looking for your traditional Finance graduate. We’re looking for Finance graduates of the future. Curious graduates that are highly analytical, enjoy process improvement and are passionate about making the complex simple. Graduates who want to develop their financial analysis and accounting skills to play a core role in the transformation of how we do Finance at NAB.
We offer 2 Business Streams within our Finance Graduate Program. You’ll need to choose a stream from the list below to specialise in an area of interest.
Group Treasury operates on behalf of NAB Ltd to manage our capital, funding and balance sheet management needs. We provide market leading advice, financial resources and balance sheet risk skills to deliver strong capability to all of our businesses.
Group Treasury graduates will need to have a degree/major in one of the following fields:
Group Finance or Finance Partnering teams
We partner with the business to deliver accurate management and financial accounting outputs. We provide specialist advice to support strategic decision creating value for our colleagues, customers and shareholders. We’re looking for graduates to join us and help drive our simplification and digitisation agenda. Graduates with strong accounting and data capabilities who seek to leverage technology to deliver improved and sustainable business outcomes.
Graduates applying for this stream will need to have an Accounting major with additional studies in one of the following fields:
- business / data analytics
- computer science
- data science
What you'll do in Group Treasury
- Assist in the provision of product control, accounting support and financial analysis
- Assist in Funds Transfer Pricing activities
- Provide support in the preparation of key reporting packs and our group financial results
- Perform liquidity and rates modelling processes
- Undertake portfolio analysis
What you’ll do in Group Finance or Finance Partnering teams
- Assist in the preparation of CFO reports, Quarterly Business Reviews, External reports and accounting activities
- Undertake Assurance activities
- Contribute to effective controls that are operating in line with policy requirements
- Utilise your process improvement capabilities to identify and drive simplification and process re-engineering initiatives
- Source relevant datasets to test hypotheses and Identify trends and patterns to assist in the decision-making process
- Transform complex financial and non-financial data into simple and actionable insights
- Develop and enhance your technical capabilities with the use of tools such Microsoft suite, Think-Cell, Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Python, R, and Power Bi
Our Finance Graduates are also active participants in the progression of our Finance Strategy initiatives and supporting the digitisation of finance activities.
Where Finance can take you
Graduates successfully transition into Analyst and Associate roles across our various Finance teams providing diverse opportunities to specialise and build a rewarding and long-term career as a Finance Professional.
Other graduate careers to consider
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.