We manage the risks that exist in all areas of the business and the environment in which we operate. We help maintain a strong risk governance and framework that originates at board level and cascades down through the NAB group. We contribute to NAB’s sustainability and resilience by partnering through the provision of risk insight, appetite and oversight.
Our risk teams provide a critical role in ensuring we deliver a great customer experience strengthened by the right risks, right controls and right returns. We help our people do the right thing to ensure our business is sustainable for the long term.
Our graduate risk program is available in Melbourne and Sydney.
What we look for in a Risk graduate
We’re looking for analytical graduates who like to collect and analyse data to enable the right customer outcomes. Big picture thinkers who can break it down to find actionable solutions and opportunities. Graduates who are strong communicators, see the value in building relationships and have a passion for making the complex simple.
You’ll also need to have a degree/major in one of the following fields:
- computer science
- data analytics
- actuarial science
You’ll complete rotations across our business ensuring you develop the skills and knowledge essential for a rewarding career in Risk. This may include:
- Credit & Market Risk
- Compliance Risk
- Operational Risk
- Chief Risk Officer teams
- Enterprise Controls and Processes
- Resilience Risk
- Risk Performance & Analytics
The work you'll do in Risk
- Learn about the various risk types and functions within our industry and across the NAB Group
- Analyse risks, compliance obligations, controls, events and change initiatives to identify weaknesses/deficiencies
- Develop risk data analytic capabilities to deliver risk reporting, stress testing and financial/scenario modelling
- Partner across the organisation to provide specialist support and advice
- Develop an understanding of the Risk Ways of Working
- Help shape policies to ensure sound risk management in the development and delivery of effective risk frameworks
- Promote an effective risk culture across the NAB Group
Where Risk can take you
Our Graduate Program is designed to lead to a professional career in Risk. Graduates are provided the opportunity to specialise and transition into Analyst roles within one of our many teams such as Operational Risk, Credit Risk, Resilience Risk, Stress Testing and Risk Partnering, to name a few.
Other graduate careers to consider
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.