We’re transforming our business, setting up the bank for the future. Technology is at the heart of this change to deliver great experiences to our customers and colleagues.
Technology at NAB is an inclusive place for innovation and inspiration. Our team is one of the largest in Australia, working on world-class in-house platforms and connecting across all areas of NAB. Our business provides a wide range of technical challenges and opportunities for talented people who want to be a part of engineering innovation at scale.
Our technology graduate programs are available in Melbourne.
What we look for in a Technology graduate
We’re reimagining how we do tech at NAB and we’re looking for innovators, dynamic disrupters and ambitious leaders to help us deliver. We’re looking for graduates who love to solve problems by writing code and designing software systems. Our graduates have a curiosity about technology and a personal commitment to continuous learning and development.
You’ll need to have studied a major in technology to be eligible for this program in conjunction with one of the below degrees:
- business information systems
- computer engineering
- computer science
- digital technologies
- information technology
- software engineering
- civil engineering
- mechanical engineering
What you’ll do in Technology
- Whilst Technology at NAB is a large and varied department, we’re specifically looking for Software Engineering and Development Operations talent
- Work with Business Analysts to analyse business processes, procedures and user requirements in order to establish system requirements
- Develop solutions and specifications so that agreed requirements can be converted into functional systems
- Participate in system design including production of system and program documentation as well as ongoing maintenance
- Achieve key Systems Development Life Cycle stages in terms of quantity, timing and quality of all aspects of work allocated
- You will have premium access to several cloud and development learning platforms where you can upskill and improve your technical skills
Where Technology can take you
Our graduate program is designed to develop the foundations for our leading technical talent. You’ll enhance your understanding of software engineering principles and how they apply in our enterprise environments. Once you have successfully completed the graduate program, you can expect to transition into an Engineer, Associate, Business Analyst role or similar.
Meet our graduates
“Working in the Corporate and Institutional CIO Team presents ample opportunities for me to learn and grow. I’m working with the Foreign Exchange Sales and Distribution team to improve our technical solutions for stakeholders in the FX and Markets business. I love working in the end to end process from the identification of client requirements to writing code and implementation.”
Anita, NAB Technology Graduate
"I’ve always had a passion for technology and working at NAB has opened my eyes to so many different career paths. In my rotation team I spend at least 75% of my time designing, coding, testing and installing applications programs. Each day I’m learning something new and am proud that I’ve progressed my skills in most of the major programming languages we use at NAB.”
Jess, NAB Technology Graduate
Other graduate careers to consider
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.