Whether you've just been approved for your credit card, or you've had it for a while, we want to help you understand it. Here’s a range of information to help you manage the different aspects of your credit card.
Manage my credit card
Set up and use your card
Here are the 5 steps to setting up your card properly so you're making the most of it.
- Sign your card.
- Change your temporary PIN.
- Set up your online banking.
- Get ready to make purchases.
- Get ready to make payments.
CREDIT CARD SECURITY
What to do if you see a transaction you don’t recognise on your statement, and tips on keeping your credit card safe.
- NAB Defence is our security promise to you
- Secure online shopping
- What to do if you don't recognise or want to dispute a transaction
- Find out how you can choose if your card can be used online, for cash advances, contactless payments or overseas with our card controls guide
Understand your card features
Credit cards can be confusing, check out our guides to help you understand using your card and its features.
- Complimentary insurance
- Making contactless payments
- Using your card while travelling
- If you’ve forgotten your PIN
- Making the most of your card features
- Rewards points
- Tap and pay with your phone
Understand interest and repayments
Repayments, interest and fees are all part of having a credit card. By understanding them you can avoid having to pay too much.
- How interest-free periods work
- How to avoid late payment fees
- How to make credit card repayments
- The different types of credit card interest
- Avoiding credit card interest
- Avoiding credit card fees
- How to read your statement
- Where your credit card repayments go
- Balance transfers on an existing NAB credit card
Lost stolen or damaged card
If you think your card is lost or stolen you can block it immediately in the NAB Mobile Banking app, NAB Internet Banking or by calling 1800 033 103 Within Australia, or +61 3 8641 9121 from overseas.
If you want to learn more about what you can do, we have a lost, stolen and damaged cards guide
We can also help if you've lost your Android phone with NAB Pay
Credit card account changes
Once you’ve got your card set up, you can make changes to your account details anytime. With our credit card account changes guide find out how to:
- Change your contact details
- Add or remove an additional cardholder
- Switch to another NAB credit card
- Change your limit
We understand life can take unexpected turns. If making your repayments is becoming difficult, we may be able to offer you assistance.
Find out how we can help you with financial hardship
Close your credit card
If you'd like to close your credit card account, please call us on 13 22 65 from 8am - 5:45pm Mon-Fri (AEST/AEDT) or +61 3 8641 9083 if you're overseas. You can also close your credit card account by sending us a secure message via Internet Banking.