For loss or theft of, or accidental damage to a new personal item within three (3) months of the purchase.
As a NAB standard or classic cardholder you’re covered with purchase protection insurance for eligible purchases (excludes NAB Low Rate cardholders).
What you need to know
To be eligible, you need to pay for your personal items in full on your eligible NAB Card.
If you’re eligible, your cover is automatically extended to anyone who’s been given the goods purchased as a gift.
Below you’ll find a snapshot of what’s covered. For the full list and any limits and excesses that apply, please read the policy information booklet (PDF, 275KB).
- In a single claim: The actual purchase price of the item(s).
- In a single claim for jewellery, watches and fine arts: $2,500 in total.
The most we’ll pay for all claims in a 12-month period is $100,000.
What’s not covered?
Below you’ll find some key examples of what’s not covered. For the full list and any limits and excesses that apply, please read our policy information booklet (PDF, 275KB).
- Cover for loss or damage arising from flood, earthquakes, wear and tear, fraud or illegal acts
- Cover for items left unattended in a public place, or in an unlocked motor vehicle, or in an unattended motor vehicle overnight
- Theft or loss or damage to jewellery and watches from baggage unless hand carried by you, animals or plant life, cash or travellers cheques, consumable or perishable items