Why become a NAB Graduate
You’ve studied hard and you’re ready to take the next step. We understand that once you graduate, it’s not always easy to find your way. We can help you develop the skills, knowledge and network with which to build an exciting and inspiring career.
Everyone's career path is unique. That's why we offer various career options and development opportunities that fit with your study and aspirations. We’ll support you every step of the way to help you find a role that you’re passionate about.
We’re passionate about making a difference to our community, creating value and exceeding our customers' expectations.
We’re looking for graduates who feel the same way - people who look for opportunities to find better and simpler ways of doing things. If you have resolve and commitment to be top talent in your field, the NAB Graduate Program can help you.
The benefits of working for NAB
- Flexible work options, so you can balance your work and personal life.
- Competitive remuneration packages.
- Access to Work Life NAB, our employee benefits program: discounts on product and services including home loans, credit cards, insurance, gym membership, travel and more.
- Sixteen hours paid leave each year to volunteer in the community.
Find out more about the benefits of working at NAB.
A culture of inclusivity and diversity
We promote an inclusive culture that supports every employee at every stage of their lives and career. We embrace diversity of thought and background, recognising our people for who they are and the value they bring.
To drive inclusion, we have a range of diversity initiatives focussing on:
- Indigenous Australians
- mature-age people
- people with disabilities
- our LGBTI community.
A strong graduate cohort
As a grad, you'll build valuable networks and make new friends - many of whom you'll work with in the years to come.
There’s a strong focus on our graduate community. Our graduates run a committee which provides social gatherings, networking events and opportunities for community liaison and volunteering. Our graduates also have regular opportunities to showcase their knowledge and skills within our organization and the wider community.
A community minded organisation
It feels good to be part of an organisation that cares about its community. We’re a leader in corporate responsibility. We strive to make a positive and sustainable impact on the lives of our customers, people, shareholders, community, and the environment in which we operate. Our corporate responsibility agenda is seen in all parts of our organisation and you’ll have the opportunity to be involved.
What we look for in a NAB Graduate
We have a passion for customers, a focus on winning together, respect for people and we strive to be bold and do the right thing. We’re looking for people to join us who will live these values.
We'll also look at:
- Extracurricular involvement - We’re not only looking for high academic achievers. Maybe you've travelled, coached a junior volleyball team or worked in the community.
- Customer focus – We’re looking for people who put themselves in our customer’s shoes, to understand what they need and make a real connection.
- Work experience - We don’t expect you to have corporate experience but it would be great if you’ve had some experiences in serving customers, meeting deadlines and working in a team.
- A general understanding of NAB - We’re looking for people who are passionate about working for NAB, who want to be part of our graduate program and build a career in our organisation.