Business credit card eligibility
- Your business is registered for GST and have a turnover of at least $75,000 p.a.
- Your business has been in operation for at least 12 months and has a valid Australian Business Number (ABN).
- You have a Business and residential address in Australia.
- You intend to use the product where the purpose is wholly or predominately for business purposes.
- Ensure all your ATO payments and loan repayments are up to date.
- You're at least 18 years or older to apply and hold an Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
- You're a sole trader, a business partnership with no more than two individual partners, a company with five or less directors or an eligible trust. Joint borrowers who are not partnerships or partnerships where one or more partner is a company are not eligible to apply.
- Any shareholders of companies or trustee companies that are listed in the application should be individuals. However, NAB can waive this requirement at its absolute discretion.
- Any company secretary for the sole director company or trustee companies must be the same person as the sole director.
- Eligible trusts include the following:
- your trust must be a non-government discretionary trust
- your trust has a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) and has been registered for at least 12 months
- your trust has been established in Australia
- the beneficiaries of your trust are individuals
- your trustees can only be one of:
- a company with no more than five directors
- up to two individuals
- if the trustee is a company, shares in the company must be beneficially held.
- Fast online decision and conditional approval is subject to eligibility, credit assessment, lending criteria and ID verification.
- If you’re an existing NAB customer, you can only apply for this product if you have less than $1 million in existing business lending with NAB and up to $250,000 in unsecured business lending with NAB (inclusive of this application).
- If you have an existing business loan with NAB, you can apply online for an additional NAB QuickBiz Loan, NAB QuickBiz Overdraft or NAB business credit card.
- Due to their specialised nature, some franchise businesses may not be eligible for QuickBiz.
If you don’t meet our online application eligibility, don't have an accounting software package or don’t wish to apply online, you can call your NAB Business Banker or contact us.
Applicant eligibility details
The applicant, directors/partners or business shareholders (holding 25% or more of the business) live overseas/have lived overseas in the past three years.
Business and residential addresses must be in Australia. Unfortunately we're not able to process this application if you, any additional directors/partners or shareholders (holding 25% or more) have lived overseas in the past three years.
Providing your financial information
For Xero, MYOB and QuickBooks users, you can login securely to link your financial data. If you’re a MYOB user, you'll need to have MYOB Essentials.
Accounting packages you can link to your application
You can link your Xero, QuickBooks MYOB Essentials, MYOB AccountRight (latest version and version 19 desktop based) and MYOB AccountEdge packages. You can also provide your transaction history from your business trading account.
Checking your credit history with the credit agencies
We'll request a credit report of your business entity (and applicant(s)) from the credit reporting agencies - but only after we've received your consent. To find out more about credit reporting and credit history checks, visit Privacy Consent and Notification.
The security of your financial information once it's uploaded
Security is very important to us. We respect your personal information and we'll take every reasonable step to protect it. For more information visit Privacy Consent and Notification.
Customer login details
As your credentials are encrypted and passed to your accounting package software, we don't see your password or store your credentials.
Updating your card repayments post approval
To make card repayments, you can:
- Transfer funds from linked NAB accounts via NAB Internet Banking, NAB Connect, NAB Telephone Banking (call 13 22 65, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or at a NAB ATM.
- Visit your nearest branch to pay in person.
- Pay at any Australia Post outlet displaying the Bank@Post® sign.
- Set up a direct debit.
Changing the lending amount post approval
Once you've been conditionally approved for your credit limit, you can't increase it unless you complete a new application. You have the opportunity to reduce the amount you apply for before finally submitting the application.
Reapplying in the future if you've been declined
You can apply as many times as you like. However, you should know that each time you complete an application you'll undergo a credit reference check. Multiple credit checks may adversely impact your credit rating.
Applying for another product
If you have an existing NAB QuickBiz Loan, NAB QuickBiz Overdraft, NAB business credit card or NAB Equipment Finance Loan you can apply online for an additional NAB QuickBiz Loan, NAB QuickBiz Overdraft, NAB business credit card or NAB Equipment Finance Loan 50 days after your most recent establishment date.
Related products and services
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.