If your card is lost or stolen, you can block your card immediately in the NAB app, NAB Internet Banking or by calling us on 1800 033 103 (within Australia) or +61 3 8641 9121 (from overseas), 24 hours, 7 days a week. Calls from mobile phones are charged at applicable mobile phone rates.
Lost or stolen card
You can replace a damaged card:
- in the NAB app by heading to the My cards section, select the card you wish to replace, select Manage my card and select Replace my damaged card;
- in NAB Internet Banking by heading to the My cards section, select the card you wish to replace, then scroll down to Manage my card and select Replace my damaged card.
- by calling us on 13 22 65 from 8am-7pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-6pm on weekends (AEST/AEDT); or
- by visiting a NAB branch.
Your replacement card should be delivered within 5-7 days.
Destroy damaged cards by cutting them in half. Preferably cut them diagonally through the magnetic strip and chip (if your card has one).
Forgotten your PIN
You have three chances to key in the correct PIN. After that, we protect your account by locking it until the next day.
If you'd like a new PIN:
- you can change your PIN at anytime in the NAB app or NAB Internet Banking by heading to the My cards section and then scrolling down to Change my PIN
- visit any NAB branch
- call us on 13 22 65 from 8am - 7pm, Mon - Fri, or 9am - 6pm on weekends (AEST/AEDT) or +61 3 8641 9083 from overseas.
Using your card overseas
From your options for taking money with you overseas to accessing and managing your accounts while abroad, our travel and international section has got you covered.
You can use your NAB Visa Debit card overseas, wherever Visa is accepted. NAB Visa Debit cards work at most overseas ATMs – just look for the PLUS sign.
When using your NAB Visa Debit card overseas, fees may apply. Refer to nab.com.au/fees for more information.
Daily limits on Visa Debit cards
There’s a daily cash withdrawal limit on your NAB Visa Debit card of $2,000 per day. This applies to all NAB Visa Debit cards and NAB Platinum Visa Debit cards
This limit applies to ATM cash withdrawals and to any extra cash you request as part of an EFTPOS transaction.
When you're using an EFTPOS terminal, remember to press 'Credit' to take advantage of Visa's added security benefits.
Additional NAB Visa Debit cards
You can attach a second NAB Visa Debit card to your account at no extra charge. This lets a second person access the account with their own card.
You can request additional NAB Visa Debit cards in person at any NAB branch.
As the primary accountholder, you're responsible for every transaction on the account, regardless of the card used.
When your card expires
Your card expires on the last day of the month shown on the front of the card. We'll post you a new card before your old card expires.
Once you've received your new card, destroy your old one. Cut it in half diagonally through both the magnetic strip and chip (if your card has one).
If you should've received a new card but it hasn't arrived yet, see us in any branch or call us on 13 22 65 from 8am-7pm Mon - Fri, or 9am-6pm on weekends (AEST/AEDT).