Before you start your online application, check you meet our eligibility criteria and have everything you need to apply.
What you’ll need to apply
- Around 10 minutes to complete this application.
- If you’re new to NAB, you’ll need two forms of identification.
- Sole traders or companies with two or less directors only.
- You need to be the company owner or director.
- Have a valid ABN or ACN.
- If you don’t meet these requirements, request a call with a business banker to discuss your options.
- You must be a permanent Australian resident.
- You must be 18 years or older.
Information for business customers
Online access to NAB Foreign Currency Accounts is only available using our online business banking platform, NAB Connect. If you’re an existing NAB Connect user, it will take up to 24 hours before your new NAB Foreign Currency Account is available.
See: Apply for NAB Connect.
Information for personal customers
A NAB Foreign Currency Account can’t be accessed using NAB Internet Banking or the NAB app. If you’re looking to open a joint account, both individuals must:
- already have a joint transaction account or;
- be new to NAB banking.