If you have a fraudulent transaction, please contact us immediately on 13 22 65. You can notify us about a mistaken payment via our transaction disputes page.
If you have a dispute about a payment that you’ve made to a merchant using your NAB card, you will need to contact the merchant to try to resolve it first. If the merchant can’t resolve the dispute, you can contact us. Please read the information on our transaction disputes page before contacting us. It’s important be to aware that while we will attempt to assist you, in some cases we will be unable to do so.
NAB cards are subject to the card scheme rules set by Visa. These rules set out specific circumstances in which NAB (or another bank) can claim a refund for a customer.
If Visa rules allow us to, we will submit this dispute to the merchant on your behalf and try to resolve it for you. We will advise you whether we’re able to submit the dispute on your behalf.
There are certain circumstances in which we will be unable to submit a dispute and you will need to continue to try and resolve it with the merchant.
- If an airline cancelled flights due to a government prohibition/COVID-19.
- If you have chosen not to travel due to a concern related to COVID-19 where the flight was still in operation on the travel date. This also applies for non-airline merchants such as hotels and resorts where services were available.
- If you missed the flight (for any reason) and as a result were not able to utilise hotel /resort accommodation.
- If an airline /travel agent offers a credit travel voucher for future use due to government prohibition (including the opportunity to rebook the flights or accommodation) and you are seeking a refund as an alternative.
- If you cancelled the services prior to the travel due to COVID-19 or any other reason and you agreed to the cancellation policy such as “no refund” or other policy, and the policy was visible at the time of the purchase.
- If you have an unused credit voucher and the merchant goes into administration (where there was a “no refund policy” in the terms and conditions and the merchant provided this as a gesture of goodwill).
If you wish to provide us with feedback or lodge a complaint, please visit our feedback page.
Some NAB credit and debit cards include complimentary insurances which you may be able to claim on where we’ve been unable to dispute a payment for you. For more information on eligibility criteria, exclusions and the claims process, please refer to the following:
NAB Card Insurance Policy Information Booklet (PDF, 450KB)
Allianz Online Claims