If your mobile terminal has low signal bars, try moving it to a different part of the store and monitor the signal bar for increase strength denoted by additional bars.
If you can’t increase the signal strength by moving the terminal within your premises, you should try restarting your terminal to search for a new network signal.
To restart the terminal, follow the below instructions:
- Remove terminal from its charging base and disconnect any external power sources.
- Hold down the red button until it stops beeping and the screen displays ‘Shutting Down’. Your terminal is now turned off.
- Once your terminal has been switched off, turn the terminal over and remove the battery by pressing on the bottom of the battery and lifting upwards.
- Remove the sim card by using a ballpoint pen to slide it out.
- Slide the sim card back in and replace the battery, ensuring it clicks securely in place.
- Turn your terminal back on by holding down the green key until the screen lights up and the screen displays ‘Loading’.
- Once your terminal is powered on, any available software updates will be displayed on the screen.
- You may select “yes” to download software updates or “no” if you’re not ready for the update.
- Once completed, the NAB payment screen will appear.
- To logon to your terminal press ‘* 5’ followed by the green key.
- “Logon successful” and a green tick will display if the logon is successful.
- The ‘3G’ symbol and signal bars should now be displayed at the top of the screen indicating that your terminal has successfully connected to the local network. The number of signal bars denotes the strength of that signal; the more bars the better the connection.
- If you have a strong signal, your terminal is ready to receive payments from your sales.
If you still can’t get your terminal to connect to the mobile network and need to urgently continue taking payments you may consider connecting your terminal to an ANALOGUE telephone line, if available. If you have a working telephone line, please call the Merchant Service centre on 1300 369 852 for assistance to setup and configure your terminal for the telephone line
If you don’t have an active telephone line, you may consider a manual back up payment system, if one is in place, or seek alternative payment from your customer.