Checklist: What do I need to know before upgrading?
- You can only upgrade to a NAB Visa Debit card if you have an active NAB smart everyday account.
- You must be over 18 to apply online.
- If your NAB smart everyday account is not yet active and you're upgrading to a NAB Visa Debit card, we'll activate your account as part of your request to upgrade.
- You'll need your existing:
- BSB and account number
- NAB ID (it's on the back of your card above the magnetic strip).
- All your existing NAB account arrangements will remain the same, including your BSB, account details, credit card/debit card access and existing direct debits or credits.
- If you have more than one NAB smart everyday account, call us on 13 22 65 so we can arrange for your other accounts to be linked to your new NAB Visa Debit card.
- If you have a joint account and the other account holder(s) would like a NAB Visa Debit card, they'll need to complete their own NAB Visa Debit card upgrade request form(s).
- Online forms are protected by encryption so your details stay safe.
What happens after I submit my swap request form?
- You'll receive an automatic confirmation email.
- Check the mail within 5-7 working days for your new NAB Visa Debit card. You’ll receive a letter explaining how to activate your new card and set your PIN.
You can also upgrade by calling us on 13 22 65 from 8am - 7pm Mon-Fri, or 9am - 6pm on weekends (AEST/AEDT), or by visiting any NAB branch. Hearing-impaired customers with telephone typewriters can contact us on 13 36 77.