You’ve received your new credit card and want to start using it. Here are some tips to get your credit card ready to use and take advantage of all its benefits.
1. Sign your card
Why sign when you have a PIN? Shop assistants need your signature if they have to manually process your sale, or if you’re travelling overseas to a location that doesn’t accept PINs.
If you find it challenging to use a PIN on your credit or debit card due to a disability or medical condition, we have 'signature-only' cards.
Signature-only cards let you make purchases in person, using a signature instead of a PIN. Call us to order one on 13 22 65.
Unblock your card
Already a NAB customer? You can start using your card immediately.
If you're new to NAB and didn’t complete an identity check when you applied, you'll need to unblock your card.
To do this, take your 100 points of ID to your nearest NAB branch so we can confirm your identity before using your card.
Here's a list of ID types you can use:
- Birth certificate, passport or citizenship certificate (70 points each).
- Driver's licence, social security card or proof of age card (70 points each).
- Medicare card (30 points).
2. Change your temporary PIN
If you want to change the PIN you received with your card, go to your nearest NAB ATM and change it to something that’s secure but easy to remember.
Avoid choosing obvious numbers like:
- your date of birth
- digits from your telephone number
- repeating characters (like 2222)
- using digits in sequence (like 1234)
- other numbers people might know or guess easily.
3. Set up your online banking
It’s easy to manage your credit card account online on any device when you register for NAB Internet Banking. You can download our Mobile Banking app too to make banking even more convenient. Here are some of the things you can do online.
- Set up a direct debit to pay your credit card on time each month.
- Set up an SMS or email payment reminders using NAB Alerts.
- Register to get your statements online and view or print them quickly and easily.
- Block, unblock and re-order lost, stolen or damaged cards.
- Opt in to receive credit limit increase invitations.
- Add an additional cardholder.
- Complete a balance transfer.
Mobile Banking app
- Customise card settings to switch Visa payWave, online shopping, and overseas purchases on and off at the swipe of a finger.
- Block, unblock and replace lost, stolen or damaged cards.
- Turn on an overseas travel notification to help us protect your accounts from fraud.
- Set up Quick Balance to view account balances without logging in.
- Pay your credit card quickly and easily using Pay Now in the Mobile Banking app.